Monday, December 13, 2010

Another (Cheaper) Tablet Option

OK, so I've had amazing amount of feedback on my e-reader and tablets post (not really, but thanks for looking, Chirs, my only subscriber right now!) and I think there are some other alternatives out there.  Enter the Velocity Cruz ereader/tablet.

I found this little beauty on sale at Best Buy this weekend for a ridiculously low $120.  That beats the snot of of the iPad on price.  It doesn't have a ton of storage, only 4GB, but with an SD card slot, I can add storage as I need it.  It also has 802.11 b/g WiFi, and up to 10 hours of battery usage time. Plus, it's running Android, so I can get all kind of custom apps for it.  It's not an iPad, but it's good starting device, I think, and with the built in ereader capabilites, and that fact that I can get Kindle and Nook for Android, it may be a pretty good little tool.

The nice thing is, since it's a tablet device, once I do get an iPad, I can give it to my son who'll probably turn it into some kind of brain for some robot he's designing... either that or he'll watch YouTube on it.