Thursday, December 9, 2010

Going Paperless - The Story Begins

I hate paper.  Not because of all the environmental save the trees, save the planet stuff but because it's such a pain in the arse to deal with.  You have to print it, and fold, and mail it, and stack it, and sort it, and file, Agh!  Enough already!!  So I've decided to go paperless and this blog is about my challenges and struggles as I unlearn what I've been told my entire life regarding this now grossly outdated resource.

So here's what I know I'm going to need in order to make this happen:

A computer, obviously.
A scanner, sure.
A large amount of storage capacity
Possibly some type of offsite/online backup subscription
A Laptop, for doing some note taking work, occassionally
An iPad or some other tablet PC that has the resources I need for note taking and the like
An eBook reader
A smartphone (iPhone, Blackberry, etc)

That's about all I can identify right off the bat.  Luckily I have almost ALL of these things already.  So now I'll begin my adventure.  You should come with.